We have a selection of paid crew jobs. These jobs are for
2 ½ weeks arriving a few days prior to the training project so that you have time to get established before the project starts.
APPLICATIONS will open from May 1st 2020
- Head Chef
- Responsible for the running of the main Kitchen operation, planning menus, preparing food orders, catering for lunches and dinners for up to 300 people per meal, supported by a 2nd chef and a team of volunteers. The head chef is responsible for ensuring there is a consistently high quality of food served and high standards of food preparation and hygiene is adhered to in the kitchen.
- Second Chef
- Supporting the head chef in the running of the kitchen, serving lunches and dinners for up to 300 people. Training and managing a team of volunteers to aid with the food preparation operation.
- Bar Manager
- To be responsible for the ordering and stocktaking and training of staff. The role will involve managing the Dr Reg Bolton bar over the training 2 weeks and then the Bar manager will have overall responsibility for the 3 bars over the festival weekend and the co – ordination of volunteer and paid bar staff.
- Bar Staff
- We are looking for experienced supervisors and bar staff to work over the festival weekend
- Café Manager
- Responsible for running of the cafe on a daily basis, Training and managing a team of volunteers to aid with the food preparation and ensuring a high standard of quality food is served. Ensuring costs are carefully monitored and and a high standards of food preparation and hygiene is adhered to in the kitchen.
- Responsible for cleaning the bar area, cinema areas, shower and toilet areas on a daily basis and ensuring a high standard of cleanliness in these areas at all times. This is a full time role but will involve split shifts.
- Volunteer Coordinator
- This role involves the coordination of all the volunteers during the summer school, festival training and the festival itself. The role starts 4 days prior to the start of the summer school. We are looking for a highly organised person who has excellent inter personal skills and works well under pressure.
- Stage Managers
- This is a position for the week prior to the festival and during the festival weekend. Stage Managers will be responsible for 1 or 2 of the performance venues and the rehearsal schedules.