We have a selection of paid crew jobs. These jobs are for
2 ½ weeks arriving a few days prior to the training project so that you have time to get established before the project starts.
Have a look at the jobs available on the list below. If you’d like to apply, hit the button and give us as much information on the email as possible. Please include relevant experience and references.
APPLICATIONS will open from May 1st 2023
- Head Chef
- Responsible for the running of the main Kitchen operation, planning menus, preparing food orders, catering for lunches and dinners for up to 300 people per meal, supported by a 2nd chef and a team of volunteers. The head chef is responsible for ensuring there is a consistently high quality of food served and high standards of food preparation and hygiene is adhered to in the kitchen.
- Second Chef
- Supporting the head chef in the running of the kitchen, serving lunches and dinners for up to 300 people. Training and managing a team of volunteers to aid with the food preparation operation.
- Bar Manager
- To be responsible for the ordering and stocktaking and training of staff. The role will involve managing the Dr Reg Bolton bar over the training 2 weeks and then the Bar manager will have overall responsibility for the 3 bars over the festival weekend and the co – ordination of volunteer and paid bar staff.
- Bar Staff
- We are looking for experienced supervisors and bar staff to work over the festival weekend
- Café Manager
- Responsible for running of the cafe on a daily basis, Training and managing a team of volunteers to aid with the food preparation and ensuring a high standard of quality food is served. Ensuring costs are carefully monitored and and a high standards of food preparation and hygiene is adhered to in the kitchen.
- Responsible for cleaning the bar area, cinema areas, shower and toilet areas on a daily basis and ensuring a high standard of cleanliness in these areas at all times. This is a full time role but will involve split shifts.
- Volunteer Coordinator
- This role involves the coordination of all the volunteers during the summer school, festival training and the festival itself. The role starts 4 days prior to the start of the summer school. We are looking for a highly organised person who has excellent inter personal skills and works well under pressure.
- Stage Managers
- This is a position for the week prior to the festival and during the festival weekend. Stage Managers will be responsible for 1 or 2 of the performance venues and the rehearsal schedules.